Both electric and manual toothbrushes are effective at removing oral plaque that causes decay and disease
Electric Toothbrushes Benefits
Electric toothbrush bristles vibrate or rotate to help you remove plaque buildup from your teeth and gums. The vibration allows for more micro-movements every time you move your toothbrush across your teeth.
- More effective removing plaque, a review of studies showed that, in general, electric toothbrushes do decrease more plaque and gingivitis than manual toothbrushes.
- Easier for people with limited mobility, due the electric toothbrush does most of work for you.
- May cause less waste, when its time for a new one you only have to replace the head.
- May improve oral health in people with orthodontic appliances, electric toothbrushes are particularly helpful for people with orthodontic appliances, such braces, because it made brushing easier.
- Safe for gums, used properly should not hurt your gums or enamel.
Manual Toothbrushes Benefits
- Effective, they are still an effective tool for cleaning your teeth and preventing gingivitis.
- Accessible, you can get a manual toothbrush at almost any grocery store.
- Don't need to be charged to function.
- Affordable, manual toothbrushes are cost-effective. You can usually buy one for 1 USD.
If you are looking for efficiency, speed and excellent results, the electric toothbrush is your best option, and if you are looking for price and results according to your performance (learn how to brush your teeth here), the manual toothbrush is your option.